Senior Manager/Director - Strategy - Government – Consulting - Riyadh
Reference # 01 - ADV- 0006
PwC consulting is seeking a self driven and ambitious Director / Senior Manager to join our rapidly growing PwC Government and Public Sector consulting practice in the Middle East.
The focus of the responsibility would be in developing and delivering Strategy based assignments to clients in the Government and Public Sector across the Middle East with a particular focus on our priority and emerging markets. Responsibilities would include the effective management of teams and clients throughout the consulting lifecycle; from identifying key opportunities, to defining the value proposition and strategy for pursuing the opportunity, to delivering a high quality client experience through exceptional delivery of quality outputs and interactions with clients.
Key competencies include:
Government Strategy Experience
• Ability to demonstrates robust insight into geo-political developments and their strategic impact to advise on and inform planning decisions in the context of the Government and Public Sector;
• Sets the strategy infrastructure that advocates an in-depth approach of researching, analysing, challenging and applying key techniques for strategy review and formulation;
• Leads discussions with high level government officials to identify their key requirements, interpret their mandates and facilitate the setting of their long-term strategies;
• Recognised as a subject matter expert in strategy formulation and planning;
• Evaluates the macro impact of any updates to the overall strategy and plans of the client;
• Identifies gaps and recommends improvement opportunities in existing policies and conducts in-depth analysis and research to inform the development of entire policies;
• Identifies potential implications and risks associated with new policy changes and provides recommendations;
• Coordinates with stakeholders in the development or review of policies;
• Provides policy advice and makes decisions based on comprehensive research and intelligence relating to domestic and foreign policy initiatives, and addresses long-term stakeholder needs and concerns;
• Demonstrates confidence and subject matter expertise when presenting, discussing and debating policy matters ;
• Supports the implementation of policy decisions by recommending appropriate mechanisms and involving stakeholders to ensure buy-in and the achievement of the desired outcomes;
• Measures workforce readiness, organisation skills inventory, and knowledge and resource gaps at the function and group level that may impact the client’s ability to meet its objectives.
• Provides appropriate advice, on-going feedback, support and resources to improve effectiveness and efficiency of divisions, sections, teams and even individuals.
• Assesses the current performance of the divisions / sections.
• Able to utilize performance management concepts as to define relevant and appropriate KPIs and ensure their alignment to organization objectives
• 8 – 10 years of experience (for a Senior Manager) / 10 -12 years of experience (for a Director);
• At least 4-5 years working as a strategy consultant preferably with the Government and Public Sector;
• Extensive experience managing multi-competency / cross geography teams;
• Exceptional experience in initiating, defining and launching thought leadership efforts;
• A strong acumen of the Middle East Government and Public Sector including a deep understanding of global trends in the Government and Public Sector;
• A role model team player with the ability to interact and be a resource to teams across the firm;
• An effective multi-tasker with the ability to optimize ones effectiveness and efficiency;
• Bilingual English / Arabic preferred;
• Able to travel 60 to 70% of time