Senior Consultant- Financial Functions
• Working as a strong team member on delivery of assignments with ability to take ownership of own areas of the project.
• Service a variety of clients, getting to know and understand their unique business issues and needs
• Collaborative working style, with a focus on knowledge sharing and innovative thinking with the team
• Should be outcome focused and result oriented
• Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other related major field
• ACA, ACCA, CIMA or MBA qualified.
• 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role; significant experience in the financial function with experience in transformation and change roles.
• Previous experience of working on change or implementation programs within a finance function, either process or software related.
• Experience working on projects which support decision making at a senior level and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success on relevant projects.
• Good understanding of finance operating models, key business drivers and commercial information reporting systems.
• Knowledge of business processes in one or more core industries
• Some experience of Relationship and business development skills
• Some experience of Corporate Performance Management functions with ability to contribute to CPM implementation and improvement programs (experience with implementation of key CPM software tools such as Hyperion, Cognos is desirable)
• Intermediate understanding of Financial Theory and general accounting
• PC Proficiency including, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to provide input to best practice approaches within a finance function across multiple dimensions including processes, people, systems and operations.
• Ability to work with Finance professionals within clients and demonstrate ability and understanding of Finance needs and challenges.
• Should have a consulting mindset and experience.
• Strong verbal, presentation and business writing skills
• Should be a self-starter with excellent commercial insight and have familiarity with the Finance environment
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
• Proven ability to work independently
• Good decision maker
• Professional presence
• Proactive nature and be able to demonstrate initiative.
• Relationship- focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.)
• Shows creativity in problem solving
• Self-motivation to take initiative for personal growth and development