Senior Associate - Assurance
Reference # 2-ASU-0003
A Senior Associate for audit services assists in the delivery of assurance services to local and multinational clients seeking creative and cost-effective solutions to their complex business problems. They are trained to specialize in industries such as technology, information, communications and entertainment; consumer and industrial products and services; financial services and/or energy.
Responsibilities of the Senior Associate include, but are not limited to
- planning and supervision of projects and assessment of business and audit risks of clients as per the requirements of International Standards on Auditing,
- preparation of financial statements as per the requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- coordinating with the clients from planning to execution stages of the projects,
- developing and translating the audit strategy into effective audit procedures,
- delivering the assurance service for the assignment efficiently and effectively,
- reviewing work performed by less experienced personnel for sign off by Manager/Senior Manager,
- generating and implementing ideas to maximise assignment profitability,
- reviewing financial statements for subsidiaries/small companies to a level where no manager/senior manager or partner changes are required,
- leading and management of fieldwork on clients, liaising with other departments to ensure smooth delivery of the audit process,
- effectively managing the audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters,
- producing assignment budgets and timetables, and managing delivery against them,
- delivering assurance service on time and to budget,
- identifying efficiency improvements and additional billings, and identifying assurance issues and developing solutions
The Senior Associate should hold CA, CPA, ACCA certification or be working towards it and this is an essential prerequisite for progression to the next level.
He/she needs to have strong oral and written communication skills, a commitment to exceptional client service, creative problem solving ability and a consultancy mindset. Prior Big 4 experience (preferably within the PwC network) is desired and the person must be available to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
Knowledge of and proficiency in the Arabic language, while not mandatory, is highly prized.
Click here to apply