For internal and external auditors who require an introduction to dealing
with the prevention, detection and investigation of fraud or suspected fraud.
This course will have a very practical focus and will include case studies.
Participants will learn:
- Fundamental principles for fraud management
- The role of internal audit in managing fraud
- Demystifying red flags
- Types of fraud
- Building the fraud map of your organisation
- Detecting fraud in the organisation
- Investigating fraud cases
Participants will develop an understanding of their responsibilities in the
prevention, detection and investigation of fraud. Participants will become familiar with the signs or information that warrants their additional attention, they will develop an awareness of techniques to enhance fraud detection, and understand the appropriate audit work and documentation required to substantiate audit findings, allowing them to substantiate and report their findings with clarity.