Post Deal Services
In many ways, a deal starts at completion as from here the benefits and value that the deal was designed to deliver need to be realised.
- Deals often fail to deliver the value forecast for them and this can be for a variety of reasons. Often part of the reason lies in the lack of integration between the business and its newly-acquired asset. Delivering the business plan used to justify the acquisition requires considerable resources.
- A transaction represents a significant change to the business, and one that requires careful management if the anticipated benefits are to be turned on quickly.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has extensive experience of helping businesses integrate new acquisitions. Our teams comprise many individuals with "in-line" industry experience.
- We have developed specific tools and techniques that have proved their worth in other transactions. Their early application can save considerable time and money.
If this is your situation
- You are integrating an acquisition and you are concerned that it will consume valuable time and resources, detracting from the focus on the core business. Any number of factors could be why a transaction is slow to bed down and start creating the value that was projected for it.
- You have issues with employee management. Successful management of employees is essential to effectively tapping into the benefits of a transaction. Where competition for talent is keen, attracting, motivating and retaining employees can be difficult. By creating increasingly complex employee benefits and compensation programmes, companies now need to have a clear picture of how these programmes integrate and whether they serve their objectives.
- Your deal is not delivering the potential value forecast when originally put together.
How PwC can help
- Our dedicated teams of professionals work on-site to help manage changes that a deal generates in an existing business.
- We address the immediate concerns of the acquirer over the first 100 days of the acquisition and produce detailed action plans to deliver value from the deal.
- We also carry out post-deal reviews after 6 to 12 months to assess whether objectives are being met and if not, how to get them back on track.
- Our broad knowledge of HR issues allows us to give practical advice on employee management. We help our clients to navigate through the wide variety of employee programmes used and to help them choose the best programmes to achieve all potential synergies.