Challenges facing the Transport Industry in Kenya
- Rehabilitation and expansion of existing road network
- Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KeRRA), Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA), and Kenya National Highway Authority legislated under the Roads Act. They need to be made operational to ensure better construction and routine maintenance of road infrastructure
- Restructuring of MoRPW to enable it to effectively carry out responsibilities under its new mandate under the Roads Act
- Involvement of Private Sector in the financing, construction and maintenance of roads
- Poor contracting and supervision
- Severe vehicle congestion.