Challenges facing the sector
Current challenges facing the Telecommunications Sector in Kenya include:
- Licensing of the Secondary National Operator process has been rather slow and lethargic and may have been overtaken by events such as the issuing of unified licences
- Increasing competition and regulatory requirements
- Scope for m-commerce application largely unexplored
- Regulation and enactment of an enabling framework for provision of financial intermediary services such as mobile banking
- Managing growth and the impending challenges on quality of service, average revenue per user, operator capacity.