PricewaterhouseCoopers and the Roads sub sector
Globally, PricewaterhouseCoopers firms have worked extensively on road sector assignments advising on a large number of private and public sector road projects. The services we provide in this sector are diverse and comprise the following:
- Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax Services
- Private sector participation initiatives (PPPs and subsequent finance raising) and transactions, and implementation thereof i.e. advising Governments on tendering out road concessions and other PPP arrangements, as well as advising bidders on tendering for such projects
- Sector policy, regulation, legislation, and support in implementation of reforms
- Institutional operational and performance improvement support.
In Kenya, our work in the road sector has encompassed the following:
- Technical, performance and financial audits of several organisations within the sector and donor funded projects and verification and evaluation of pending bills
- Technical assistance and training to operationalise the several newly established regulatory bodies within the sector
- Statutory Audits of some operators and
- Receiverships in lieu of liquidated contractors.