View this page in:
We guide Japanese companies to success.
Introduction of Japanese Business Services
Taiwan holds about 5% of Japanese FDI stock in Asia, an amount which has grown steadily, 12% on average per year over the last decade. Flows reached $862 million in 2011.
Foreign trade has been the main driver of Taiwan’s remarkable story, and is still predicted to average almost 8% for the next five years. With an extremely extroverted economy and increasing focus on high-added value technology, Taiwan represents an ideal market. A trusted relationship with PwC would be a differentiating advantage for your business.
PwC Taiwan has a special Japanese Business Unit with more than 20 years of history. It’s one of the most experienced in our Global Network. The Firm’s 150+ staff members (including 8 full time Japanese professionals) offer the full range of PwC Tax, Assurance, Legal and Advisory services – all specially tailored to suit the specific needs of Japanese multinationals.
Major services to Japanese clients
- Financial statement audit
- Internal control audit
- Advice on Financial reporting based on IFRS, financial and capital market regulation, etc.
- Internal audit advisory/co-sourcing
- Advice on J-SOX/US-SOX compliance
- IPO support
- Advice on risk management
- Tax & Accounting compliance support (preparation of tax returns, bookkeeping, payroll calculations and other mandatory reporting)
- Customs compliance support
- Tax & Customs planning and optimization
- Global tax management & structuring
- Advice and documentation support for Transfer Pricing
- Tax due diligence and tax risk assessment
- M&A and restructuring-related Tax consulting
- Advice and support for obtaining tax incentives, subsidies, relief, etc.
- International assignment planning and optimization
- Individual wealth and pension planning
- Preparation/Review of various agreements
- Support on tax & customs audits and dispute with authorities
- Resolution for tax and customs litigation
- Support on commercial registration
- Expatriate immigration support
- Labor law consulting
- Corporate law consulting
- Preparation/Review of various agreements and internal regulations
- Support on on IP rights, license, permission, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Resolution of business disputes
- Support on liquidation and deregistration
- Legal due diligence support
- M&A lead advisory
- Advice on M&A strategy and target selection
- Financial modeling and valuation
- Due diligence support
- Advice on Business restructuring
- Advice on real estate transaction
- Market entry research and strategy development
- Organization restructuring
- Advice on supply chain management
- Human resource management
- Business process optimization
- IT system strategy and development and IT support
- Advice on performance improvement and cost reduction
- Forensic services (support on disputes, prevention of economic crimes, etc)
- Post merger integration
Introduction of member of Japanese Business Practice
27/F International Trade Building, 333 Keelung Rd., Sec 1 Taipei, 110 Taiwan
Senior Manager, Tax
Yueh Tseng Wei
Senior Manager, Tax