View this page in:
We guide Japanese companies to success.
Introduction of Japanese business development
Like other ASEAN member countries, the Philippines are a major destination for global investment. FDI stock represents one tenth of the value of the Philippine’s GDP, 35% of which is from Japan – $731 million flowed inwards during 2012 alone.
With a forecasted growth rate of 9.7% per year for the next half decade, and an expectation to transition into a “Higher Middle Income Country” by 2018, the Philippines are likely to attract even more international investment in the near term. As competition heats up, PwC can bring a full suite of services, geared towards helping Japanese companies enter or build out their existing presence here.
In total, PwC operates with 640 professionals in the Philippines. Isla Lipana in Manila, part of PwC Philippines, was founded in 1922. More than 90 years later the Firm has a thriving practice. With more than 600 companies registered with the Japanese Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines, the Philippines Firm recognizes the need to offer services tailored to their needs. PwC can deliver specialized knowledge to Japanese clients in the region from our in-house Japan experts.
Major services to Japanese clients
- Financial statement audit
- Internal control audit
- Advice on Financial reporting based on IFRS, financial and capital market regulation, etc.
- Internal audit advisory/co-sourcing
- Advice on J-SOX/US-SOX compliance
- Advice on risk management
- Tax & Accounting compliance support (preparation of tax returns, bookkeeping, payroll calculations and other mandatory reporting)
- Customs compliance support
- Tax & Customs planning and optimization
- Advice and documentation support for Transfer Pricing
- Tax due diligence and tax risk assessment
- M&A and restructuring-related Tax consulting
- Advice and support for obtaining tax incentives, subsidies, relief, etc.
- Preparation/Review of various agreements
- Support on tax & customs audits and dispute with authorities
- Resolution for tax and customs litigation
- Support on commercial registration
- Expatriate immigration support
- Labor law consulting
- Corporate law consulting
- Preparation/Review of various agreements and internal regulations
- Support on on IP rights, license, permission, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Support on liquidation and deregistration
- Legal due diligence support
- M&A lead advisory
- Advice on M&A strategy and target selection
- Financial modeling and valuation
- Due diligence support
- Advice on Business restructuring
- Post merger integration
- Organization restructuring
- Market entry research and strategy development
- Financial reporting optimization
- Cash flow management
- Business process optimization
- IT system strategy and development and IT support
- Advice on performance improvement and cost reduction
- Forensic services (support on disputes, prevention of economic crimes, etc)
Introduction of member of Japanese business development
29th Floor, Philamlife Tower 8767 Paseo de Roxas 1226 Makati City,
Metro Manila Phillippines