View this page in:
We guide Japanese companies to success.
Introduction of Japanese Business Services
The Netherlands is one of the biggest destinations for Japanese FDI in Europe, investment balance as of end of 2012 and annual investment amount in 2012 were $94 billion and $8.6 billion, respectively. This investment amounted to 9% of global Japanese FDI flow in 2012 alone.
Though a large portion of trade with Japan revolves around agricultural and industrial products, the Netherlands have proved the relative strength of their financial sector by maintaining a stable AAA ratting throughout the global financial crisis. At the heart of the EU, this northern European country skillfully balances a diverse open economy with favorable corporate tax rates and a stable business environment. The Netherlands offers a market full of potential. PwC’s region-specific knowledge can help you thrive here.
The 4,200 professional staff members at PwC Netherlands are among the most experienced with international companies in Europe and offer tax, assurance, advisory as well as region-specific services to both local and international companies.
Major services to Japanese clients
- Financial statement audit
- Internal control audit
- Advice on Financial reporting based on IFRS, financial and capital market regulation, etc.
- Internal audit advisory/co-sourcing
- Advice on J-SOX/US-SOX compliance
- IPO support
- Actuarial consulting and valuation
- Assurance on sustainability reporting
- Advice on risk management
- Tax & Accounting compliance support (preparation of tax returns, bookkeeping, payroll calculations and other mandatory reporting)
- Customs compliance support
- Tax & Customs planning and optimization
- Global tax management & structuring
- Advice and documentation support for Transfer Pricing
- Tax due diligence and tax risk assessment
- M&A and restructuring-related Tax consulting
- Advice and support for obtaining tax incentives, subsidies, relief, etc.
- International assignment planning and optimization
- Individual wealth and pension planning
- Consulting on Japanese tax havens and foreign tax credits
- Preparation/Review of various agreements
- Trust services and management
- Planning for inheritances and succession planning
- Support on tax & customs audits and dispute with authorities
- Resolution for tax and customs litigation
- Support on commercial registration
- Expatriate immigration support
- Labor law consulting
- Corporate law consulting
- Preparation/Review of various agreements and internal regulations
- Support on on IP rights, license, permission, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Resolution of business disputes
- Support on liquidation and deregistration
- Legal due diligence support
- M&A lead advisory
- Advice on M&A strategy and target selection
- Financial modeling and valuation
- Due diligence support
- Advice on Business restructuring
- Advice on real estate transaction
- Post merger integration
- Organization restructuring
- Market entry research and strategy development
- Financial reporting optimization
- Cash flow management
- Advice on supply chain management
- Human resource management
- Business process optimization
- IT system strategy and development and IT support
- Advice on performance improvement and cost reduction
- Forensic services (support on disputes, prevention of economic crimes, etc)
Introduction of member of Japanese business services
Paul van Overloop
PricewaterhouseCoopers Accountants N.V.
Thomas R. Malthusstraat 5 P.O.Box 90357 1006 BJ Amsterdam
Senior Manager, Assurance
Senior Manager, Tax
Pieter Janson (Tokyo)
Senior Manager, Tax