|Corporate and private equity buyers/sellers need to understand quickly and effectively the main business drivers of an investment, as well as the actions required to deliver transaction value most efficiently.
PwC’s post-deal services and operational solutions team – comprising many professionals with line industry experience – ensures that transactions are handled with speed, focus and attention to detail. As a result, opportunities and issues are clearly highlighted so that steps can be taken to address these quickly and effectively enabling management to concentrate on the core business.
PwC's services include
- Deals often fail to deliver the potential value forecasted at the beginning of the process
- On closing, it is essential to take control of the business and clearly understand and prioritise steps to be taken
- It is imperative to execute the business plan quickly and effectively
- Experience or resource constraints in managing the planned integration is often an issue
- Necessity to carve out one or more businesses in order to achieve a quick disposal at the best possible price
- Need to get one or more of the portfolio investments “back on track” before these can be disposed of.
How we can support you
- Pre-deal operational due diligence which provides acquirers/vendors with a comprehensive overview of the business operations along the whole value chain
- Take control processes, by quickly assessing immediate concerns of an acquirer and providing an integrated plan in order to address them over the first 100 days, thereby promoting momentum and minimising the disruption to the business post acquisition
- Accelerating change through developing, implementing and project managing detailed action plans to deliver the best possible value from the deal
- Post deal/portfolio reviews generally undertaken after 6-12 months from closing in order to establish whether the initial objectives of the deal have been met and, if necessary, to identify how to get it “back on track”
- Carve-out planning which provides vendors/acquirers with specific expertise in addressing the whole spectrum of operational carve-out issues eg service level agreements, transition service agreements and business critical risk identification.
- We help our clients to understand the key business drivers affecting a deal (both before and after the transaction) so that they can make clear and informed decisions and support in achieving the full transaction value in the most efficient manner
- We provide experienced and dedicated resources during times of significant change during a deal. Our experts are on-site as part of the team
- We dispose of tools and techniques which have been well proven on other transactions, using such techniques early on in the process saving time and costs.