International Assignment Services
Many international businesses operating in Indonesia have expatriate employees. PwC Indonesia has a team of specialists who are experienced in dealing with all aspects of Indonesian tax requirements for expatriates.
Our team takes pride in its ability to communicate effectively in English with expatriates.
Our staff also have broad experience in identifying tax issues which commonly arise in other jurisdictions and know when to seek specialist advice from our international network of firms.
- Need to ensure that your international assignment policies are aligned with and meet the needs of your business while being cost efficient
- Want to use technology globally to monitor assignee tax compliance
- Need tax-efficient international assignment structures and policies
- Need to manage risks by complying with regulations in the locations where your global workforce is deployed
- Want your workforce not to be disturbed with issues arising from tax incompliant
- Want to ensure that stock options comply with local regulations and are tax efficient
- Need an advisor who understands how to get the balance right between the needs of you as the employer and the potentially different needs of individual expatriates.
…then PwC can help you
The current environment in Indonesia presents unprecedented challenges as the Indonesia Tax Office is seeking to aggressively expand the breadth of its tax base to significantly increase its tax collections, and to reform the tax systems.
Our services range from the fundamental to the strategic, from hands-on to web-enabled. You will find them described below, arranged by the needs they meet.
- Tax compliance services – such as pre-departure and post arrival tax consultations, home and host country income tax returns, tax equalization and hypothetical tax calculations and employers’ obligations in the relevant jurisdictions
- Structuring reward and benefit packages from a tax perspective
- Structuring of assignments, including reviewing employment contracts from a tax perspective
- Evaluation of treaties to examine taxability and availability of tax treaty relief
- Assistance in setting up tax withholding processes including running tax withholding calculations and filing related returns
- Proactive expatriate and HR communication, to ensure that we also look after the employer’s best interest, including regular client briefings and alerts on legislative changes and developments
- Representation services – where tax returns are audited, etc.
- Assistance in reviewing the employer’s level of tax compliance on the employees’ compensation and benefits
- Employees stock plans – formulating and advising on tax impact and tax compliance.
Our Jakarta based expatriate tax team is a unique, dedicated group of bilingual English and Bahasa Indonesia speaking professionals with in-depth Indonesian and overseas experience.
Our team is closely connected to the PwC International Assignment Services network of professionals worldwide, to ensure that our clients in Indonesia benefit from our global firm’s coordinated, leading edge service.