Sustainability and Climate Change (S&CC) Indonesia
The PwC Indonesia S&CC team is part of a global network of S&CC professionals imbedded in our three core service teams of assurance, advisory and tax.
As a developing G-20 economy Indonesia is a tale of enormous opportunity and challenge for the broad agenda of S&CC. On the one hand, Indonesia is a significant emitter of carbon dominated by land-use change, forest degradation, and increasing energy emissions. On the other, it has one of the world’s richest sources of forest carbon stocks and geothermal resources and a growing political willpower to be a key part of the solution to this global issue.
PwC Indonesia’s S&CC team has a broad range of experience and can assist you to achieve your goals be it in a commercial enterprise or in the not for profit sector by drawing on the skill sets of PwC locally and internationally as required.
Our professionals can assist your business with the following:
- Taxation and accounting advisory and compliance services for:
- Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD+) projects;
- Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects;
- Renewable energy projects with a carbon element;
- Carbon trading;
- Direct and indirect carbon and environmental taxation; and
- Renewable Energy tax and investment incentives.
- Investment structuring and feasibility
- Preparation of feasibility studies;
- Establishment of project entities or Representative Offices; and
- Consideration of tax efficiency for project, funding, profit repatriation.
- Financial and tax due diligence;
- On potential joint venture partners or purchases of existing entities/asset; and
- Sell side assistance on divestment of entities/assets.
- Policy & Monitoring
- Feasibility studies and policy design with industry focus; and
- Monitoring framework design, implementation and maintenance including independent assessments and fund disbursement reviews.
- Corporate Responsibility (CR) Strategy (including social and environmental)
- Development of CR strategy through evaluation of benefits and risks associated with climate change strategic options, with an industry focus; and
- Identification and implementation of economic optimisation programmes (for example: acquisition/divestment strategies, supply chain redesign, asset management, energy/carbon abatement & trading strategies, concessions and grants, project finance).
- Compliance & reporting for Carbon & GHG emissions
- Measuring and manage the carbon footprint of the business;
- Assessing, verifying and validating GHG emissions;
- Developing/validating internal and corporate reports for management and stakeholders; and
- Assessing compliance of business practices against ISO 14001.
Sustainability reporting: Sustainability capabilities statement:
Read more in our publication page.