View this page in:
In recent years, the increasing financial pressure on companiesemphasized the tendency that modern organisations must also pay attention to the economic aspects of IT.
Information technology became crucial to many aspects of a company’s success or ability to generate profit:
- First, it is a significant cost and investment item in itself, and these scarce resources must be used effectively.
- Second, through the support of organisational operations and processes, IT applications and solutions significantly affect the organisations’ full operating costs.
- Third, it is one of the most important infuencing player in potential revenue-increasing actions.
The purpose of IT controlling is to create transparency in the field of IT and provide an effective tool for CFOs and/or CIOs for controlling and performance-based management of IT.
How can PwC help?
- Assessment and evaluation of cost, monitoringsystems, proposing changes for better support of management decisions and control
- IT cost reduction, cost auditing, benchmarking
- Creating a service-oriented operation (SLA, cost accounting, pricing of IT services)
- Creating IT benchmarks (scorecards, process benchmarks), defining and evaluating KPIs
- Setting up a project (and development) portfolio controlling system (project planning, cost-benefit analysis, monitoring, reporting, measurement, and development accounts)
- Preparing IT investments (complex analysis, business cases, TCO/CBA calculations)
- Preparing outsourcing decisions
- Creating an IT plan, introducing a BI solution
- Creating an IT reporting system (SLA, cockpit, project / development portfolio, cost, strategic report) introducing a BI solution
- Creating an IT performance measurement and evaluation system