Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
View this page in:
With the right DLP solution you can track the leakage of sensitive information and take preventive measures.
This is about protecting your brand and maintaining your position in the market competition. Data leakage adversely affects all aspects of your business and may lead to the following:
- Damage to your brand or reputation
- Reduced market competition advantage
- Legal and regulatory distrust
Reduced management trust
A comprehensive DLP solution will enable you to map your data, monitor data flow and usage, and prevent abuse.
Depending on your specific risks, you may need some or all of these functions.
These matters are best handled as part of a comprehensive information security strategy.
How can PwC help?
- Data matching and classification
- Reviewing procedures
- data management
- data classification procedures
- incident management and recovery
- Assistance with reviewing and creating policies
- Assistance with setting up business rules and identifying the characteristics of sensitive data
- Identifying the gap of processes, and process development in terms of datamanagement
- Supporting the deployment of DLP solutions
- Feasibility assessment of possible DLP solutions
- Decision support in selecting the DLP level and functionality based on risk assessment
- Support and quality assurance of DLP deployment, from detection to total protection
Leaflet: Data Loss Prevention – DLP