View this page in:
Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements have elevated the role and responsibility of audit companies while taking aim at the c-suite with tough new rules that call for increased accountability from top company executives. Corporate disclosure, compliance oversight, controls monitoring, company training, and—the practice of public accounting—all have been impacted by Sarbanes-Oxley. Most companies face a compliance concern related to SOX 404. That rule requires management to assess the effectiveness of the company's internal controls over financial reporting and include its findings in the company's annual report to shareholders.
If you face the following challenges:
How PwC can help you
- Your initial attempts at documenting and evaluating controls have produced inconsistent, often poor quality results and your staff need support
- You require additional technical knowledge to plan and deliver a major controls project
- You’ve identified potential controls issues that require remediation and additional manpower to test your controls
- You want to know how to derive the greatest value from your efforts
- You want to understand what constitutes best practice in this area
For all Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) registered organisations—whether subsidiaries of US domestic registrants or foreign private investors—that need to comply with the requirements of section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, PricewaterhouseCoopers provides a range of services to help you achieve compliance.
Our advisory services include project management assistance, technical support, determining the risk assessment and scoping activities, assisting in documentation and evaluation efforts, training, quality assurance, and review. For non-audit clients, PwC we can also provide direct assistance in the evaluation and remediation of controls.
- Project management
- Technical support including scoping, documentation, evaluation, and reporting
- Risk assessment
- Change management
- Training and training materials
- Control environment assistance
- Documentation support
- Design and execution of solutions
- Quality assurance and review activities
- Process improvement