Licensing management services
Over the life of a licensing agreement, the revenue leakage that results can amount to hundreds of thousands or, in some cases, millions of dollars in lost income for licensors. Therefore, our royalty examinations tend to be self-financing exercises as well as best business practice.
Our expertise is highly valued in many industries, including software/technology, entertainment, media and publishing and others.
While we work primarily with licensors, we also assist licensees by reviewing royalty agreements, ensuring compliance and, if necessary, resolving disputes.
How we can support you
- Understanding and auditing your licensing income is difficult
- You have complex licensing agreements over numerous territories
- Your royalty income varies dramatically from year to year
- You want to make sure that your royalty income is correct and to audit your licensing contracts
- You need a coherent, consistent approach to safeguarding and ensuring the accurate and timely receipt of licensing revenues
- An assessment of risks to the license portfolio
- The development of strategies to manage, monitor and control those portfolios
- The establishment of compliance programmes for licensing, distribution, pricing and other contractual agreements
- Forensic-based royalty examinations
- Commercial reviews of royalty and financial provisions in agreements
- Advice on royalty rates and licensing fees
- Acting as expert witness in licensing disputes