In fraud detection and investigation, our specialists utilise their extensive practical experience, formal training and a wide range of tools and techniques.
The decision to recover any assets misappropriated will be influenced by a wide range of issues, including the size of the losses, whether the target of any recovery action has sufficient assets to warrant a claim, as well as the location of those assets and whether there is a desire to avoid publicity. We can assist clients in this decision making process and in pursuing any resulting recovery actions.
How we can support you
- Your organisation has suffered asset misappropriation in any form, including theft of cash or other assets, procurement fraud, expense or payroll fraud, theft of trade secrets, or diversion of revenues
- You need to respond to bribery and corruption claims, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) breaches
- There is a suspicion of accounting fraud or manipulation (whether at group, company or divisional level), or inappropriate or inadequate disclosure in the financial statements
- You suspect that there are breaches of ethics, conflicts of interest and other forms of management and employee impropriety within your organisation
Our investigations services include
- Investigate the nature and extent of the fraud or irregularity and any losses arising from it
- Identify and quantify any accounting misstatements and advise on changes to accounting or disclosure that may be required
- Using evidence from the investigation, as well as publicly available sources, we can evaluate the viability of third parties as targets for recovery actions
- Work closely with lawyers in efforts to recover assets
- Produce factual and/or expert reports and other analyses in support of recovery or disciplinary actions
- Assist in the design and implementation of other remedial steps, including improvements in processes and controls to mitigate the risk of recurrence of fraud
- The use of forensic interview techniques
- Electronic evidence gathering, including disk imaging
- Data mining and other electronic data analysis to identify relevant evidence and investigative leads
- Document, transaction and accounting analysis
- Evidence and document management
- Production of reports, including expert witness reports, and numerical and graphical analyses for use in civil or criminal proceedings
- Liaison with law enforcement and regulatory authorities.