Diversity accolades and awards from around the world
Our firms around the world are investing significant resources in diversity programmes, making PwC a great place to work. As a result of these efforts, we have been honoured with a number of awards and accolades, some of which we highlight here.
And that's not all. As an employer of choice, we are proud to have some of the best and brightest women working for our organisation, many of whom have been recognised for their outstanding performance.
- Ranked #2 on DiversityInc's 2013 Top 50 Companies for Diversity list.
- PwC a Top 50 Employer for Women
19 April 2012: We’re proud to be listed as a Top 50 Employer for Women in The Times supplement on Thursday 19 April.
The list features public and private sector employers and is managed by Opportunity Now, the gender campaign from Business in the Community. They review the organisations’ submissions to understand and assess what they’re doing internally and externally to promote gender equality, diversity and inclusion, create opportunities for women in a wider context, and create culture change.
Helen Wells, Director of Opportunity Now, said: “Any organisation included in the Times Top 50 Employers for Women list has to be commended for its commitment to actively recruiting, retaining and progressing female talent.
“Businesses are dependent on having a highly motivated and diverse workforce and being included in the list demonstrates a focus on creating an inclusive and diverse workplace that utilises the skills and talent of a diverse workforce. It's a clear statement that senior leaders see this as a commercial imperative, not a women’s issue.”
Gaenor Bagley, Head of People, said: “Diversity is one of our top people priorities. What’s most important is whether our people believe we’re doing the right thing for them, but it’s always encouraging to be recognised by external bodies.
"We’re delighted to receive this accolade as we continue in our efforts to improve gender equality through, for example, our people networks, mentoring and recruitment programmes, and newly formed Diversity Council.”
Read the full report on the Opportunity Now website from 10.30am on 19 April.
- IGLCC has ranked PwC International among most LGBT-friendly employers in the world.
- PwC has once again been named in the Top Ten of DiversityInc's 2013 "Top Companies for Global Diversity" list, a select group of companies chosen for their strong commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive global culture.
- PwC has won the prestigious inaugural 2009 Opportunity Now "Global award", which recognises an outstanding diversity initiative that extends across at least three countries. The award is in recognition of the work and achievements of PwC’s global Gender Advisory Council (GAC), an international group of senior male and female leaders from around the world who actively work to improve the representation of PwC women in the workplace.
- Accountancy Firm of the Year by merger market and Financial Times, at the Asia Pacific M&A Awards 2009
- PwC swept a total of 12 awards, including the prestigious Asia Tax Firm of the year accolade, at the International Tax Review's Asia Tax Awards 2009
- AsianInvestor, a monthly magazine dedicated to the region's asset management industry has named PwC "Best auditor - funds advice".
This is the second year running PwC has been awarded this title. In 2008, PwC was also awarded "Best auditor - tax services for funds"
- PwC has been ranked as one of the world's "Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises" (MAKE) in the 2008 Global MAKE study.
Each year, a panel of Fortune 500 senior executives rank the top 20 organisations and this year PwC came 10th, ahead of E&Y. Deloitte and KPMG did not feature as winners this year.
- PwC Australia has been recognised as an Employer of Choice for Women for the second year running.
The Employer of Choice for Women citation is a prestigious acknowledgment by the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA) of organisations that are recognising and advancing women in the workplace. EOWA is a federal government agency that works with employers to improve equal opportunity outcomes for women in the workplace.
View the 2010 EOWA Employer of Choice for Women List.
- National ACCI/BCA Work & Family Awards 2007
- Canada Top 100 Employers 2007
- Toronto Top 50 Employers 2007
- 2007 Adoption in Action Award
- YWCA Innovative Workplace Award 2007
- PwC is the first firm in Cyprus to be accredited, in 2009, as an Employer of Choice by the Channels of Access programme. This accreditation recognises our firm's efforts to use alternative working patterns in order to facilitate the employment of female talent.
- EQUAL – 2007 Business Award for Female Employment in Cyprus
- First Business Award for Women's Employment in Cyprus 2007
- 4th Employer in Czech Republic 2006
- 1st non-financial institutions Auditor 2006
- Voted #1 Great Place to Work 2008
- Top Graduate Employer 2008
- In recognition of PwC Malaysia's CR initiatives including our role in launching the StarBiz-ICR Malaysia CR Awards, we won The BrandLaureate Societe Awards 2009-2010, Corporate Responsibility. The BrandLaureate Societe Awards honours excellence in the fields of CSR, promotion of green causes and philanthropy.
- Malaysia's 100 Top Graduate Employer of the Year and Top Accounting & Professional Services Sector Graduate Employer 2009
- Best Islamic Consultancy in Islamic Finance News Awards Poll 2009
- Development Honourable Mention for PwC Malaysia's work with MERCY in Global Communities Recognition Awards 2008
- ACCA Platinum Employer
- HR Brand of the Year 2006
- Attractive Employer Young Specialists 2006
- Best Employers of Moscow Diploma
- No. 1 Employers of Russia 2006
- Winner of the 2009 Top Gender Empowered Company in the Financial Services category at the Top Women Awards hosted by TOPCO MEDIA. The award recognises the work of the Gender Advisory Council and the strides the firm has made in addressing and improving gender empowerment within the sector as well as its commitment to the development and retention of female talent.
- Association for the Advancement of Black Accountants — Special Award, 2002-2007 inclusive
- Tax Firm of the Year and Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year Awards in International Tax Review Awards 2009
- Thailand Tax Firm of the Year 2008 for Taxation Practice in the Thailand Jurisdiction by Pacific Business Press' Asian-Counsel magazine
- PwC comes fourth in Sunday Times Best Companies survey
- Winner of the 2009 Opportunity Now "Advancing Women in Business" award for the Advisory Women's Leadership programme.
- Shortlisted for the 2008 Opportunity Now award for Advancing Women in Business, for our pioneering actuarial model which assesses the rate at which men and women leave and are promoted within the organisation.
- Platinum status in the Opportunity Now benchmarking exercise for gender diversity in 2007
- Opportunity Now Award for Innovation (2004) for the work achieved by the PwC women network
- Silver Status in the Race For Opportunity Awards 2006
- Ranked in The Times/Aurora Top 50 workplaces Where Women Want to Work in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
- PwC was ranked second amongst consultancy firms in the 2008 Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, which showcases the top 100 employers for lesbian, gay and bisexual employees. The event saw the firm make an impressive move from 51st position in 2007 to 9th in the overall rankings for 2008.
- Special Commendation at the Working Families Employer of the Year Awards 2004 for establishing a groundbreaking network for employees with children with special needs.
- PwC US was ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc's 2013 Top 50 Companies for Diversity List.
- Awarded Top 10 Best Company for Working Mothers. This year PwC was recognised as one of Working Mother magazine's "Top 10 Best Companies" for working mothers for the ninth year in a row. This was the 18th year PwC has been listed in the Top 100, earning us a place in Working Mother's "100 Best" Hall of Fame, reserved for companies that have made the "100 Best" list for 15 years or more.
- Ranked as one of Fortune magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work for in America 2005 - 2014.
- Awarded a 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index from the Human Rights Campaign, an organisation dedicated to promoting equality for gay and lesbian employees in the workplace, 2006 - 2013.
- Recognised as one of Working Mother's Top 10 Companies for Multicultural Women. This annual award recognises our commitment to diversity and inclusion, as well as our programs that support women of colour.
- Catalyst Award winner, 2007
- Recipient of the 2012 NABA Corporate Partner of the Year Award
- Inducted into Training magazine's Top 10 Hall of Fame after ranking #1 on the "Training Top 125" list for an unprecedented three years in a row (2008-2010).
- Highly ranked on BusinessWeek's lists of "Best Internships" and "Best Places to Launch a Career"
- Ranked at no.10, PwC Vietnam is the only professional services firm among the winners of "Saigon Times Top 40 Awards - Green Values 2009". The annual Awards honours and recognises foreign-invested enterprises' contribution to socio-economic development and the community as well as sustainable development in Vietnam.
- Golden Dragon Award 2008 and 2009 by the Vietnam Economic Times and the Foreign Investment Department under the Ministry of Planning and Investment
This awarded is given only to firms that make a notable contribution to foreign-invested businesses in Vietnam – for its contribution to the development of the local economy.
Our award-winning women
- PwC South Africa: Shirley Machaba: winner of Business Women's Excellence Award 2006
- PwC South Africa: Funeka Ntombela: winner of the Black Management Forum's Achiever Award
- PwC UK: Moira Elms, Chair of the Gender Advisory Council and a member of the Opportunity Now advisory board, was short-listed for the prestigious 2008 First Women Awards in the Business Services category.
- PwC UK: Nishma Gosrani: Finalist, Young Achiever of the Year 2006 — Asian Women of Achievement Awards — shortlisted
- PwC UK: Seema Malhotra: Finalist, Social & Humanitarian Award 2007 — Asian Women of Achievement Awards — shortlisted
- PwC UK: Olivia Gillan has been named as one of the Top 35 Women under 35 in Management Today's 2008 list.
- PwC UK: Sponsors of and shortlisted (Partner — Ruby Parmar) for the Asian Women of Achievement Awards, 2006.
- PwC US: Deborah Bothun, principal in the Advisory practice in the Los Angeles office has been announced as a recipient of the Cruz de Plata Award of Distinction, 2006. She leads the U.S. advisory entertainment, media and communications practice and is the global leader of PwC's digital convergence initiative.