Valuations often lie at the heart of disputes and negotiations with tax authorities. The specific demands of the tax authorities require specialist advice and detailed knowledge of their working methods and practices.
- A change in corporate structure, a disposal of assets or a new shareholding arrangement are just some of the issues that can impact business values and create tax liabilities.
- To maximise the possible tax benefits from a transaction, the tax aspects need to be integrated at the time that the transaction is being structured.
- In the event of a dispute with the tax authorities based on valuation, the appropriate documentation processes are essential for a swift and successful resolution.
- Share schemes and other forms of employee incentive programmes need to be valued in accordance with specific legislation and regulations.
- Complex assets such as goodwill, know-how and other intangibles have to be valued for tax purposes.
- Unlisted businesses face specific challenges when negotiating and agreeing values with the tax authorities.
- Many of PwC's team of dedicated tax valuation specialists have direct experience of working with the tax authorities.
If this is your situation
- Downsizing, restructurings carve-outs. Tax efficient restructuring requires businesses to integrate tax valuation as part of their upfront planning.
How PwC can help
- Our teams of dedicated specialists understand the demands of the tax authorities and are able to provide knowledge of the latest valuation techniques combined with clearly documented advice. In addition, we produce detailed and comprehensive documents capable of being submitted to the relevant fiscal authority.