The selling process is becoming much more complex. Connectivity has facilitated mass customisation and created new routes to the customer, but it has also raised people's expectations. They now want goods and services that are tailored to their individual preferences, a consistent service and single point of contact.
The traditional "product push" is simultaneously giving way to a more consultative, long-term approach, and procurement functions are becoming increasingly professional. So suppliers have to improve their sales techniques. Yet many companies are struggling to get a clear picture of their customers because they have different systems for different channels, lines of business and countries.
How PwC can help
Selling is primarily about people and skills. But processes and technologies also have a role, and it is the complex interplay of all these components that determines the productivity of sales channels and their impact on growth. We can help you:
- Understand your customers' needs
- Evaluate new markets and test different product, pricing and distribution options
- Improve your sales channels and sales management processes
- Develop effective customer-segmentation, -service and -retention strategies
- Measure the profitability of different customer segments and markets, and enhance your productivity
- Review your accounting systems to maximise your VAT recovery and reduce your taxes; and
- Create communications plans to win over key staff, and ensure that your organisation's systems, processes and culture reinforce the changes you make.