Fixing the financial system, managing publicly owned stakes in companies, coordinating internationally on global issues such as climate change, attending to long-standing problems in infrastructure and other areas mean significant change for nations and require increased collaboration between the public and private sector.
Rethinking and reshaping the business environment: Government and the Global CEO, a survey of almost 1,200 company leaders supplemented by interviews with a selection of government leaders, considers the implications of the post-crisis environment for governments and how they must act in their different roles: as owners of businesses; as major debtors internationally; and as smarter, more collaborative regulators.
Jan Sturesson, PricewaterhouseCoopers Global Government and Public Services Leader, provides his insights into this year's Annual Global CEO Survey
- Watch video - Jan Sturesson, PricewaterhouseCoopers Global Government and Public Services Leader, provides his insights into this year's Annual Global CEO Survey
- Watch video - Dr Juan Somavia, Director-General, ILO, gives his views on the changing relationship between government and business as the world emerges from crisis and sets out on the road to recovery.
As well as 1,198 company leaders from over 50 countries who shared their views with us for the CEO Survey, we also had in-depth conversations with a range of government officials who took time to share their thoughts with us. We are grateful to them for their cooperation and frank insights. Read on to find out their views in detail...
- Interview transcript of David Levine, President-directeur general de l'Agence de sante et de services sociaux de Montreal, Canada
- Interview transcript of Dr. Juan Somavia, Director-General, The International Labour Organisation (ILO), Switzerland
- Interview transcript of Honorable (Hon) Amando Tetangco Jr., Governor, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Philippines
- Interview transcript of Haruhiko Kuroda, President, Asian Development Bank (ADB), Philippines
- Interview transcript of Margarito 'Gary' Teves, Finance Secretary, Republic of the Philippines Department of Finance, Philippines
- Interview transcript of Martin Tlapa, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Industry and Trade, Czech Republic
- Interview transcript of Normand Bergeron, President-directeur general de l'Agence des partenariats public-prive du Quebec, Canada
- Interview transcript of Robert Bhatia, Deputy Minister of Alberta Seniors and Community Supports, Canada
- Interview transcript of Shelly Jamieson, Secretary of the Cabinet and Head of the Ontario Public Service, Canada