Michael F. Swanick
Global Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences Leader
- Mike has been with PwC for 28 years and a partner for 19 years. He is and has been the Firm’s Global and US tax leader of the Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Practice for the last 6 years . Previously, he was the Partner-in-Charge of International Tax Services in Philadelphia from 2000 to 2002. Mike has extensive experience working with international and domestic pharmaceutical and life science companies, as well as manufacturing, medical device and chemical companies.
- Mike has a BS from Saint Joseph's University and a MS from Villanova University. He is a CPA and spent 3 years based in London where he led the Firm’s US Corporate Tax Consulting groups and 2 years in Brussels where he advised many publicly-traded US and EU companies on cross border transactions.
- Lead Tax Partner on numerous multinational tax clients
- Extensive experience with issues facing pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies
- Leading due diligence assignments involving cross border pharmaceutical businesses
Areas of Expertise
- Accounting & Financial Reporting, Tax Issues, Intellectual Property Management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Generics