Global Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences Tax leader
- Erik leads the global Tax team at PwC focussed on the pharmaceuticals and life sciences industry. Based in Amsterdam, Erik brings almost 25 years of experience advising domestic and international companies on corporate income tax.
- Besides his client facing roles within PwC, Erik has been a member of the Tax & HRS management board for PwC between 2010 and July 2013 with management responsibility for the corporate tax practice of PwC in the Netherlands dealing with Public Interest Entities. Currently Erik is also PwC's Business Transformation Leader.
- Erik has authored several articles on international and domestic tax issues. Topics dealt with include (international) tax structuring and participation exemption.
- Erik advises his clients on Intellectual Property planning techniques, Value Chain Transformation planning, finance structures, International Tax Structuring and deal structuring. Examples of recent projects are:
- Structuring acquisitions for US multinationals into Europe
- Setting up Dutch Innovation box regimes
- Leveraged acquisition structuring
- Implementation of Hybrid instruments
- Loss renewal for Dutch companies
Areas of Expertise
- Dutch Domestic tax structuring, Corporate Income Tax, International Tax Structuring, Value Chain transformations, Intellectual Property structuring, Dutch Innovations Box, Hybrid loan structuring, deal structuring, leveraged management buyout / buy in.