Mergers & acquisitions advisory
A merger or acquisition can add considerable value to a business, but making sure that each stage of the transaction process—from valuation to negotiation and completion—is successful demands considerable experience and knowledge.
- Our services are designed to help our clients reach their strategic goals by identifying and then implementing opportunities to merge with or acquire other businesses.
- The global economy means that these opportunities can arise anywhere in the world. Our global reach means that we can provide services on the ground wherever they are needed.
- Many drivers can affect a deal; from regulatory restrictions to tax issues. As the world’s largest professional services organisation, we can call upon dedicated specialists to address any specific challenges that may arise.
If this is your situation
- You are looking for opportunities to generate value by acquiring or merging with a business that offers a good fit can arise anywhere around the globe.
- You need to dispose of an asset or division as part of a restructuring or a change in strategic direction.
- You are looking for advice in privatisation. Governments around the world are increasingly looking to the private sector for financing and knowledge for the operation of many businesses and services previously in the public sector.
- Your industry is consolidating due to globalisation and competition, and you are looking for businesses that can offer you good strategic fit
- You are involved in the private equity industry and you need to execute a deal quickly and efficiently.
How PwC can help
- Our global network in combination with our deep industry knowledge means that we are in constant touch with the markets and can spot opportunities and assemble teams to execute a deal as the need arises.
- We identify appropriate buyers and will implement a sale to generate the best price for our client.
- We have acted in more privatisations than any other professional services organisation and have dedicated specialists to advise clients on taking advantage of privatisation opportunities.
- Our deep industry knowledge means that we can help companies identify other businesses that offer a good strategic fit and assist them with acquisitions, mergers and alliances that allow them to maintain and build their competitive advantage.
- We work closely with clients in private equity helping them to make acquisitions and advising on disposals. The extent of our global reach and the depth of our relationships mean that we can frequently spot opportunities for private equity investment and assemble the teams they need on the ground.