World Watch ()
This edition of our governance and corporate reporting magazine includes 40 pages of news and views from around the world. Refer to full contents on inside front cover (pdf below).
Governance hot topics include:
- Stick to principles, says the OECD
- New global guidelines for NED pay
- Investors must act to counter corruption
- Model for tomorrow's governance?
- Female board representation stalls
- Economic pressures drive fraud increase
- e-Espionage - criminals at work
Financial reporting hot topics include:
- Japanese companies taking action on IFRS
- Changes to have an impact on M&A deals
- Defined benefit plans ripe for improvement
- Tackling complexity in financial reporting
- IFRS work plan underway in US
- Quality and quantity concerns
- Why is business funding information useful to investors?
Assurance hot topics include:
- Audit still in the spotlight
- A year of implementation and innovation
- The question of disclosures
- Investors speak out on audit reporting
- New initiatives to increase investor confidence
- Drop the audit?
Broader reporting hot topics include:
- Ceres roadmap lays out expectations
- Road test for carbon accounting standards
- Business bites back with appetite for change
- SEC wants climate risks disclosed
- Water data expected to drive insight and sustainability
- Aiming for G-20 support with 'integrated reporting'
- The picture of performance - muddled or coherent?
For hard copies of World Watch, or to subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org . Hard copies of our publications can also be obtained from your local PwC office.