The European business initiative on taxation (EBIT)
Established in 2001 with the help of PwC at the request of a number of companies, EBIT is a high-level but informal cross-industry working group of VPs of Tax and Tax Directors from European based companies whose aim is to help streamline and modernise Europe’s direct tax policy. EBIT works to eliminate tax barriers and offer practical solutions to EU and OECD policy makers that help businesses operate more efficiently throughout Europe. Current Members are:
- Deutsche Lufthansa
- Louis Dreyfus Commodities
- Reed Elsevier
- Samsumg Electronics
EBIT is registered in the EU Joint Transparency Register. NB: PwC only acts as EBIT’s group secretariat. PwC is not a member of EBIT.
Do you also want to help modernise Europe’s direct tax policy but don’t find the time? Then joining EBIT may be exactly what you’re looking for!
See the enclosed Work Programme 2015 below for more.
Benefits of joining EBIT:
EBIT key areas of interest:
- A daily email alert service enabling you to keep really up to date on the latest developments: a ‘must’ for businesses, particularly in the current game changing context of BEPS
- Being part of a well regarded and influential business group helping large corporate taxpayers across industry sectors to monitor and input to EU, G8/G20 and OECD tax initiatives
- Having access to all the key EU and OECD direct tax policy makers
- Minimal time involvement required from Member companies
- Cost-efficient approach (indicative quarterly fee if 15 members: ca. € 2,500)
- Regular networking with business peers
- Easy access to PwC technical specialists and networks.
- BEPS / aggressive tax planning
- Fight against tax fraud and tax evasion
- Harmful tax competition
- EU directives and EU case law
- Transfer pricing
- Fiscal State Aid
- Cooperative Compliance / Regulated Self Assessment
- Tax reporting, transparency, exchange of information
- EU FTT
- Brussels politics & decision making
Please check out the flyers below or contact the EBIT Secretariat via:
Bob van der Made: Tel.: +31 6 13 09 62 96; email email@example.com, or
Peter Cussons: Tel.: + 44 20 78 04 52 60; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the EBIT work programme 2015 (259kb)
Download the EBIT flyer (99.3kb)