The EU has historical partnerships with many regions, both throughout the developing world and in its neighbourhood. Through trade policy, political dialogue, and financial assistance to third countries, EU external action aims to promote the fundamental values of the European Union in the world, and to contribute to efforts to meet the global challenges of the 21st Century.
PwC, with its global network of locally owned and resourced member firms, is fully committed to development partnerships. We connect global knowledge and local experience, enabled by appropriate strategies and technology, to provide sustainable development solutions.
Areas of investment from the EU Institutions:
- Emergency Response;
- Poverty Alleviation and Development Assistance;
- Neighbourhood Policy (covering CIS, Middle EAST and North Africa); and the Pre Accession Instrument;
- Assistance to EU candidate countries (Turkey, Croatia, and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia), and to potential candidate countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, and Kosovo).
PwC Service Offerings:
- Financial and performance audits;
- Public expenditure and financial management;
- Administrative and civil service reform and training; Privatisation;
- Public Private Partnership and Private Finance Initiative transactions;
- Health and education policy and service delivery advice;
- Accounting and financial management reform;
- Tax systems administration and customs reform;
- National pension and social security systems policy and implementation.