Making the right decisions means applying economic theory to provide insight to the best strategic options available to a business in a wide range of financial and commercial circumstances.
- Maximising shareholder value means that businesses have to ensure that they understand how effectively their capital is allocated and how they can make sure that this is optimised.
- Business need to understand if their gearing is appropriate and if the return on capital that they receive indicates that they are pursuing the right strategy with the optimal capital structure.
- When entering a new market, or considering the launch of a new product or service, businesses need to understand the wider market conditions. To do this effectively, they need to use economic tools and analysis to ensure that the assumptions underpinning their business plans and strategies are robustly tested against empirical economic data.
- PwC's global teams of economic consultants apply economic analysis to our clients’ specific business challenges and opportunities. Using a range of econometric and quantitative models alongside advanced analytical methods, we can help clients to address and resolve issues relating to a range of financial and commercial circumstances.
- Our unrivalled global coverage and breadth of technical specialisation combines with our deep industry knowledge to provide our clients with the appropriate mix of technical analysis and commercial insight to provide practical and useful analysis that they can use to address the specific business issues they face.
If this is your situation
Businesses need to ensure that they use their resources to generate the most effective returns for shareholders. To do this effectively, they need to understand the implications of all their investments, their use of debt and how their capital is structured within a typically complex and international group.
How PwC can help you
Advanced modeling techniques, built on technically advanced econometric foundations, provide our clients with the insights they need to ensure that their capital structures are optimised and that scarce resources are used to maximise the benefits to shareholders. We can help them to prioritise their investment strategies and decisions in line with an understanding of broad economic implications.