Management and board reporting
The quality of management information is critical to deliver the best possible basis for decision-making to business managers. Leading companies are already starting to confront some fundamental issues, such as:
- Do we have the right information at the right time to run the business?
- Is too much time spent producing the numbers rather than gaining real insight?
- Are our performance measures transparent? And how can we clarify accountabilities for performance management across the business?
- How can we align rewards with performance to drive the right actions?
- How can we develop a performance language that fosters non-threatening analysis and discussion of business issues and opportunities?
Recent work with companies indicates that significant rewards await those who ensure that relevant information and insight drives actions at the operational front line.