In this issue, we delve into employee engagement in the post-recession world. The challenges for HR are considerable and how can companies re-engage and motivate their workers to produce their best for the organisation?
Some of the main articles include:
- Employment relationship – Every relationship requires work, so what can HR do when employees have fallen out of love with their employer?
- Environment – How employee engagement and sustainability can work hand in hand
- Remuneration – As we emerge from recession, have our views of incentive-based pay changed?
- HRD profile: Gery Bruederlin, of Swiss investment bank UBS, reflects on the challenges faced by an HRD in turbulent times
- Letter from Qatar – Prospects for further growth in the Middle East are under jeopardy because of a serious shortage of talent