In this edition, we feature an often sidelined but increasingly important topic - managing an aging workforce. We look at the opportunity from a range of angles including how young and older generations can work together successfully.
Some of the other main article include:
- Stemming the talent tide – How can companies help retain talent as the recruitment market opens up?
- Diversity – Hourglass investigates banking group Nomura's ground-breaking diversity and inclusion programme
- Leadership – History provides us with some great examples of leaders, but not necessarily modern-day role models
- HRD profile – Sarah Fisher, Microsoft UK, reflects on the challenges faced by an HRD in turbulent times
- HR, financial services and Asia – How the rapidly growing Asian banking industry is placing demands on HR
- Letter from Greece – how Greece's economic turmoil is having an effect on the workforce