PwC Scholarships 2012-2013
The application process is now closed
Deadline for submission of applications: 18 May 2012
PwC Greece is pleased to announce the start of the Scholarships Programme for the academic year 2012-2013. The scholarships will fund tuition fees for postgraduate degrees in a Greek or foreign university (excluding professional qualification courses and PhDs).
The postgraduate degree must correspond to one of the following fields of study: Finance, HR, Banking, Internal Audit, Risk Regulation, IT Systems & Security / Information Systems, Shipping, Statistics, Actuarial
The programme applies to:
- University (AEI) graduates or final-year students, for full-time studies
- Executives, for part-time studies (companies may also nominate an employee for a scholarship)
Criteria & Requirements - The candidates must complete the online application form as well as submit the requested documents below in hard copy:
- Undergraduate degree (grade higher than 7 or equivalent from a foreign university). If the candidate has not yet completed his/her studies, he/she must provide an average of his/her grade to-date and transcript from the university.
- 2 recommendation letters from an academic or employer
- A list of the postgraduate degrees the candidate has/will apply to or certification of acceptance from the university
- Certification of competency in English (any level and examining body is acceptable)
- Proof of the candidate's and his/her family's income – we take into consideration cases where own funding of studies is difficult
- An essay explaining the reasons for choosing the desired degree and how the candidate will utilise it in his/her professional future (no longer than 300 words)
Executives should also provide:
- 1 of the recommendation letters must be from the current employer
- Proof of employment referring to position and number of years in current employment (min. 2 years required)
Documents are acceptable either in greek or in english. The recommendation letters and essay are required to be original, while for all other documents a simple copy is sufficient.
- Applications must be complete (no missing documents) in order to be submitted to the Evaluation Committee.
- All eligible candidates will be invited to take part in the ability tests, between 28 and 31 May.
- Applications and test results will then be evaluated individually and a shortlist of candidates for interviews will be prepared. Only those candidates pre-selected will be invited to the interviewing phase.
- The interviews will be conducted in the middle to end of June.
- The final evaluation will take place in July. Candidates are only successful if they are accepted by their desired university to begin their course in 2012 and submit the certification of acceptance by the latest 14 September 2012.
- PwC employees and their relatives are not permitted to apply for this programme.
- Students enrolled in a two-year postgraduate degree who are finishing their first year.
|PwC has been awarding scholarships since 2001 and this initiative is part of our corporate responsibility programme, which is aimed at talented and distinguished young people, with the objective to give them guidance towards the right educational and professional path. The central aim is to bridge the gap between market demand and education that exists in Greece. PwC has helped more than 65 students expand their academic knowledge to-date.
Submission of applications and documents in person or by registered mail (by 18 May 2012 as proven by post stamp) to:
260 Kifissias Avenue