Audit and Assurance
Our audit approach, at the leading edge of best practice, is tailored to suit the size and nature of your organisation and draws upon our extensive industry knowledge. Additionally, we are leaders in the development of non-financial performance reporting, helping our clients respond to the need for greater transparency, improved corporate governance and business models based on the principles of sustainability.
Every engagement is considered unique and executed to ensure value creation:
- For Shareholders and other Stakeholders Provide independent opinion and reports that add credibility to financial information
- For Audit Committees Assistance in discharging their corporate governance and compliance responsibility
- For Group Reporting Clearance to group auditors in order to meet group reporting requirements
- For Management Observation and advice on financial reporting and business issues from professionals who have in-depth knowledge and understanding of your business and industry.
We serve our clients around the following priority areas:
- Statutory audit for private sector entities including SMEs;
- Internal audit;
- Audit of public sector entities including Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies as well as Non-Governmental Organisations;
- Fund/grant management in respect of donor-funded projects;
- Systems Process Assurance including risk management, IT systems and IT operations management;
- Advisory and attest services with respect to Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 section 404 (SOX 404) and Public Committee Accounting Oversight Board Auditing Standards No.5 (AS5); and
- Transition and training on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Preparation of monthly cash book;
- Recording of monthly bank transactions, including update of accounts receivable and payable ledger;
- Keeping other subsidiary ledgers including fixed assets and inventory;
- Submission of trial balance, income statement and balance sheet in an agreed format on a monthly basis;
- Preparation of VAT and withholding tax (WHT) returns to enable client’s tax consultants to file VAT and WHT returns on a monthly basis and;
- Preparation of statutory financial statements at the end of each accounting period to be audited by an independent auditor.
Risk Assurance Services
A portfolio of inter-related solutions developed around the theme of risk, controls and assurance using skills and competencies that are also fundamental to the delivery of a high-quality financial audit.
The RAS solution sets and propositions are designed to provide services that assist companies manage four areas of risks:
- Operational/Organisational; and
- These services have been organised into six solution sets as:
- Performance Assurance
- Internal audit
- Business Resilience
- IT Risk Assurance
- Business Controls Advisory