Post Deal Services
Corporate and private equity buyers/sellers need to understand quickly and effectively the main business drivers of an investment, as well as the actions required to deliver transaction value most efficiently.
PwC’s post-deal services and operational solutions team – comprising many individuals with line industry experience – ensures that transactions are handled with speed, focus and attention to detail.
As a result, opportunities and problems are clearly highlighted and steps can be taken to address these quickly and efficiently so that you can concentrate on your core business.
- Your deals often fail to deliver the potential value forecast when originally put together
- You want to take control of the business you have just bought, and want to know what to do immediately
- You want to turn the business plan used to justify the deal into reality
- You do not have the time, experience or resource to manage the integration of the business you have just acquired
- You want to carve out one of your businesses in order to sell it for the best price
- You need to get your portfolio investments “back on track” before you can sell them
How we can support you
- We help our clients to understand the key business drivers affecting a deal (both before and after the transaction) so that they can make clear and informed decisions
- The full transaction value delivered in the most efficient manner
- We provide experienced and dedicated resource during times of significant change during a deal. Our experts are on-site as part of the team
- We have tools and techniques which have been proven in other transactions. We can then use these techniques early on in the process to save time and money
PwC's post deal services include
- Pre-deal operational due diligence provides acquirers/vendors with a coherent overview of the business operations eg supply chain, manufacturing and/or commercial activities
- Taking control by quickly assessing immediate concerns of an acquirer and providing an integrated plan in order to address them over the first 100 days, thereby promoting momentum and minimising the disruption to the business
- Accelerating change through developing, implementing and programme managing detailed action plans to deliver value from the deal
- Post deal/portfolio reviews generally undertaken after 6-12 months in order to establish whether the initial objectives of the deal have been met and, if necessary, to identify how to get it “back on track”
- Carve-out planning which provides vendors/acquirers with specific expertise in addressing the whole spectrum of operational carve-out issues eg service level agreements, transition service agreements and business critical risk identification