Shu Hong Tan
Shu Hong Tan
Manager of PwC's Academy
Tel: +65 6236 7151
Key workshop delivery experience
Conducted training for over 1,000 participants in finance related courses such as Understanding Deferred Tax and Understanding Cash Flow Statements.
Shu Hong was a former auditor with one of the Big Four auditing firms and accountant in a local listed company under the management trainee scheme. Immediately prior to joining PwC Singapore, Shu Hong was a polytechnic lecturer in the accounting arena.
Summary of key project experience
- In her current role at PwC, Shu Hong is a member of The Academy’s team which offers customised training solutions for clients. As the account manager for the training clients, she would work closely with the clients to fulfil their training needs. This includes identification of competency gaps, proposals of suitable programs, project management and post-workshop evaluations/discussions.
- She is also a trainer for finance workshops and delivers them either in-house or in public seminars and received excellent feedback from the participants. At a recent conference for more than two hundred finance professionals of a listed company, she was selected to be one of the key speakers to share PwC’s perspective on finance effectiveness and the business partnering concept.
- She regularly customise course materials for in-house workshops by working closely with the clients to ensure that the workshop are engaging and useful to the participants. For example, she was a key member of the course design team for a business process improvement workshop of which we had trained close to a hundred employees of a government agency
- During her lecturing stint at the polytechnic, Shu Hong received two teaching awards in recognition of her excellent teaching efforts and co-authored an accounting textbook titled “Accounting: An Asian Edition, 2nd Edition”. She was also the deputy leader of the student development committee in her faculty where she led several projects to develop the students’ character.
- She was also previously an Early Intervention teacher for a special school during which she designed intervention plans as well as conducted lessons for young children with autism. During that period, she also pursued education in the autism arena and was awarded a Certificate in Autism (Distinction) by the Autism Resource Centre (Singapore).
- Bachelor of Accountancy (First Class Honours) from Nanyang Technological University
- Chartered Accountant of Singapore