The public sector is responsible for implementing the EU agenda including the efficient utilization and distribution of EU funds, not only on the level of central government bodies but also on the level of regional and municipal, or local authorities. Our consultants may contribute to the success of such projects thanks to the independent insight and unique expertise acquired in the previous years, in particular in the administration of the European programme CIP EQUAL and in the performance of compliance audits of implementation structures for the programming periods 2004 - 2006 and 2007 - 2013.
- Designing the programme, establishing the time frame and setting conditions and selection criteria.
- Setting management and control mechanisms.
- Establishment of internal control system.
- Outsourcing of selected activities (e.g. requests for payments).
- Performance of process and personnel audits.
- Assessment of existing systems and identification of critical areas.
- Implementation systems’ optimisation.
- Programme evaluation, programme audit.
- Performance of ex-ante or interim evaluations.
- Realization of public tender.
How we helped the clients
- Audits of readiness for preparation (compliance audit) of the Structural Funds agenda for 2004 - 2006 and for the programming period 2007 – 2013 were performed for the Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic. The projects included analysis of processes in managing authorities, paying units and intermediate bodies and their compliance with relevant legislative requirements of the European Union and the Czech Republic.
- We performed the role of National Support Structure for the programme CIP EQUAL for the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs of the Czech Republic. The project included provision of complex services necessary for proper administration of the programme financed from European funds.
- For the Asociace krajů ČR (Association of regions of the Czech Republic) we performed independent expert assessment and identification of problem areas within the process of development of a complete structure and the implementation system of regional operational programmes for the period 2007 - 2013.
- We assist the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic in handling the requests for payment within OPIE (Operational Programme Industry and Enterprise).
- We performed a number of other projects for the implementation structures which were focused on setting the control mechanisms including proposals for increasing the effectiveness of existing procedures.