Tax, Legal & Business News 2011
The PwC bulletin Tax, Legal & Business News, the next generation of Tax & Legal Alert. Issued regularly on monthly basis, Tax, Legal & Business News bulletin places emphasis on changes and news in connection with Czech tax legislation, audit, accounting and financial advisory and their particular implications on your business.
Tax Flash is another publication you can read and download from this page. Tax Flash is issued in response to important changes in Czech and European legislation. Its aim is to supply the Czech business community with information applicable to its business operations.
We hope that you consider our newsletters useful and a valuable source of information.
Tax, Legal & Business News - Christmas 2011 (pdf 486 kB)
- Are you concerned about the uncertainty behind the developments of the Eurozone?
- Are you wondering how an auditor (with a little exaggeration) would evaluate the economy of the European countries?
- Do you know how the directors of important international and successful Czech companies see the progress of the Czech economy within the next year?
You will find answers to these questions in the Christmas issue of Tax, Legal & Business News.
We hope you find the reading interesting and we wish you an easygoing Christmas and an optimistic look into the year 2012.
We will have a summary of the legislative changes as at 1 January 2012 in the next issue, which is coming to you at the beginning of January.
Tax, Legal & Business News - December 2011 (pdf 521 kB)
- New regulation of cross-border mergers
- What a sheep will not eat, the Tax Office will
- The VAT rate will be increased to 14% starting in 2012
- The amendment of Transformation Act also contains income tax regulations
- European Court of Justice: Sale of debts is not always subject to VAT
- The amendment of Commercial Code is finalised
- From new judgments: Business trip costs and claiming un-assessed losses
- Transformation Act provides new definition of the decisive date
- Important deadlines concerning health insurance extended
- Can we use the chance to change?
- Tax systems all over the world subject to reforms
- Lead an expedition of HUDYsport top managers to Mount Everest
VAT Flash - 11 November 2011 (pdf 97 kB)
- What to expect in VAT from 2012?
Tax Flash - 9 November 2011 (pdf 56 kB)
- The remedy for the crisis or investment incentives in the new perspective
Tax, Legal & Business News - November 2011 (pdf 344 kB)
- The Specialised Financial Office is here
- Amendment to the Transformation Act will bring many changes
- Investment incentives to also be provided for research and development
- The Supreme Administrative Court again reviewed dependent work
- How to repair entries in the accounting books
- Remember Schengen rule 90/180
- VAT exemption does not bring a tax advantage to the banking sector
- Join a competition and get an Award for Innovation
- We invite you to the PwC Academy of Leadership in Finance
* From this issue onwards, we will regularly publish contributions from the area of law.
Tax & Business News - October 2011 (pdf 2.0 MB)
- Deputies will re-approve the reduced VAT rate increase
- Indirect bonuses are subject to VAT
- The effectiveness of the modernised Customs Code is endangered
- Foreigners have to prove accommodation when applying for a visa or residency permit
- Get an Award for Innovation
- Tax legislation of 146 countries online
- The Academy IFRS Centre of Excellence
Tax & Business News - September 2011 (pdf 637 kB)
- Parliament approves new structure of financial administration
- Grants of up to CZK 200 million for innovations
- No need to return the grant due to breach of formal grant conditions
- To Bermuda just for sun now
- Insurance of statutory bodies with overlapping functions to be resolved by the amendment
- ‘Švarcsystém’ will also be punishable under the Employment Act
- Impact of new IFRS - continued
- Easier access to employment in the Czech Republic for young Canadians
- The next decade will see as many innovations introduced as since the industrial revolution
- Tax traps of marketing and advertising campaigns
Tax & Business - August 2011 (pdf 596 kB)
- News in VAT treatment of the Financial services
- The Advocate-General („AG“) has issued an opinion on the VAT treatment applicable to the transfer of non-performing receivables in the case GFKL Financial Services (C-93/10).
- Does VAT correction have preferential insolvency treatment?
- Judgement on dividends paid to foreign holding
- Impact of new IFRS
- Need to replace driver‘s licence?
- London dominates as European IPOs are boosted by natural resource demand in a hostile market
- PwC Academy on Leadership in Finance
Customs Flash - 15 August 2011 (pdf 241 kB)
- Electronic import – handling of accompanying documents attached to the customs declaration
Tax & Business News - July 2011 (pdf 546 kB)
- Tax reform – a step further
- Beware of higher securities for customs debt
- Investment incentives, now better?
- News in international taxation
- New obligations for owners of hard surfaces
- Unregistered corporate savings banks threaten fines
- SIS extract not only for EU citizens
- The biggest global risk to the insurance industry will be an excess of new regulations
- The Academy thanks all its clients and welcomes them in the new school year!
Tax Flash - 8 July 2011 (pdf 324 kB)
- Services for establishments and branches may be subject to VAT
Tax & Business News - June 2011 (pdf 645 kB)
- End of super-gross wage and further changes to be introduced by the amendment of the Income Taxes Act
- Who is the “real payment owner”?
- Will a common tax base be advantageous?
- One step closer to a flat VAT rate
- The IASB has issued new standards
- Employment of illegal aliens threatens severe penalties
- Holidays in Croatia with a Schengen visa or residence permit
- From crisis to battle: Czech CEOs have healthy scepticism. Only 13% very confident about revenue growth prospects
Tax & Business News - May 2011 (pdf 832 kB)
- The Ministry of Justice prepares revolutionary changes in the private law as at 2013
- New implementation rules to the EU VAT Directive
- New possibilities for creating adjustments
- Illustrative IFRS corporate consolidated financial statements 2010 in Czech
- Business licences for foreigners – now cheaper and quicker
- Germany and Austria opened their labour market to Czechs
- 10 years of automotive industry growth in the Czech Republic
- Calendar of our Academy events in May 2011
Tax Flash - 2 May 2011 (pdf 164 kB)
- GFŘ: everything has changed – bonuses and cash discounts are subject to VAT
Tax & Business News - April 2011 (pdf 303 kB)
- Is the agreement on a single VAT rate final?
- An increase in excise duty on tobacco products signed by the President
- Bonuses and discounts are not subject to VAT
- Tax impacts of suggested changes to the Labour Code
- The Ministry is planning an amendment to the D-300 decree
- Consolidated corporate tax
- You will no longer be able to execute the residence permit on behalf of your employees
- Concurrence of functions: problem solved?
- Almost two-thirds of managing directors are afraid of growing government debt
- The Academy: Spring discounts of our courses!
Tax & Business News - March 2011 (pdf 310 kB)
- VAT Act Amendment signed by the President
- The Amendment to the Excise Duty Act is awaiting approval by the Senate
- The deadline for submitting tax returns has changed
- Supreme Administration Court: The activities of permanent establishment must form considerable part of the business activities
- You can choose the period of depreciation of goodwill and valuation difference
- Pension reform – what to expect?
- Are you not publishing financial statements? You face high financial risk.
- Emerging Trends in Real Estate: Europe 2011
- Calendar of our Academy events in March 2011