How does PwC Czech Republic contribute to society?
At PwC, we understand Corporate Responsibility as the way we integrate social, environmental, and economic concerns into our values, culture, decision-making, and operations in an accountable and transparent manner and thereby establish better practices within the firm, create wealth, and improve society.
What does Social Responsibility mean to us?
In 2012 we focused on projects encouraging innovation and innovative approach:
- We are one of the chartered members of the non-political platform Ceska inovace o.p.s., which supports innovative culture in the Czech Republic.
- We try to mediate dialog between the private and public sectors. The goal is to find the scope for changes in the tax system.
- For the third time we have became the partner of VIA BONA award which acknowledges individuals and companies for their philanthropic efforts in the Czech Republic.
- We have supported the student competition Social Impact Award supporting the creation and realisation of new ideas with potential to bring utility.
- By way of our Academy, we have been involved with the student competition Supervlákna 2012 supporting young talents not just in the technical branch.
- Instead of Christmas presents, we have given our clients the pleasant festive feeling of knowing that the money that would have gone into gifts has instead gone to charity.
- We have introduced the internal social network Spark for sharing ideas and thoughts. Spark interconnects all employees across the international net of PwC.
- We are still the most desirable consultant company for students from all Czech universities who major in economics.
More information can be found in the Corporate Responsibility report 2012 (pdf 3,78 MB).