Information technology (IT) is increasingly being seen as a strategic factor for value creation in a company. This means that it is becoming a more significant element in the effort to achieve corporate targets. Consequently, IT is an important topic at the top management level, forming a fundamental part of a company's strategy. In order to attain corporate targets, individually customised IT governance structures and processes are essential.
The following are of particular strategic importance:
- Strategic alignment of the IT to the company's business requirements (business alignment)
- Clearly defined roles, responsibilities and decision paths between IT and the business
- Established procedures for the measurement of IT performance
- Reporting procedures as a part of governance of the IT department
- Individualised internal control and monitoring system for dealing with the risks resulting from the use of IT
- Comprehensive integration of compliance requirements with all internal IT processes
Working with your IT managers, we can propose intelligent and effective forms of IT governance, which will enhance the usefulness and benefits of IT while ensuring that all compliance requirements are observed.
How PwC can be of help to you
- We can identify and check the current standards in your company and their application.
- We can analyse and optimise the alignment of IT strategy to corporate targets.
- We can carry out risk assessments on the basis of international standards (ITIL, ISO17799, CobiT) and industry-specific corporate requirements.
- We can develop IT performance and reporting mechanisms that are critical for the company’s success.
- We can set key performance indicators (KPI) in IT.