International Assignment Solutions
The “International Assignment Solutions Group” of PwC provides comprehensive tax and legal services when arranging work-related assignments of foreigners in the Czech Republic and work-related assignments of Czech citizens abroad.
In the Czech Republic, we have been specialising in this area since 1992.
Our experts specialise not only in resolving tax problems, but also in resolving social security and health insurance issues. This area is very important, and its significance increased significantly upon the Czech Republic’s accession to the European Union.
We also specialise in assessing and optimising the benefits provided to employees from the perspective of tax effectiveness of each benefit and in assessing the tax implications of various motivational instruments.
We are part of a worldwide network that connects more than 140 countries. Being an international company allows us to provide the required services not only in the Czech Republic but also abroad. In case of need, we can coordinate the global migration of workers.
For the purposes of accelerating our cooperation with other regions and making such cooperation more effective, we make use of the global intranet network “PwC Global Office“, allowing all information to be shared on-line. Through this network, our branches are able to communicate flexibly with each other and with clients.
When rendering our services, we pay attention to finding solutions that minimise the costs for the employer and are as administratively undemanding as possible. Close cooperation with our colleagues – specialists in other areas, especially in HR management and motivation – also helps us attain this goal.
Our basic services include:
- Comprehensive solutions to assignments of employees to/from the Czech Republic from the perspective of personal and corporate income tax, social security, and health insurance
- Assessment of the tax effectiveness of employee remuneration and tax optimisation of remuneration
- Assessment of employee share plans from the perspective of income tax and social security
- Representation of clients in tax proceedings
- Preparation and processing of personal income tax returns
Other services provided in cooperation with Human Resources Management
- Processing of internal rules for assigning employees abroad (assignment policy) that stipulate in detail the employees rights in connection with the type of assignment, the employee’s personal situation, and the like
- Processing of procedural maps for assignment employees and maps showing the responsibility of each person involved in this process
- Workforce cost management
- Foreign Nationals Working in the Czech Republic (pdf 180 kB)
This publication, which is in English, is intended for foreigners working in the Czech Republic. It contains basic information about the Czech person income tax, social security, and health insurance systems and about immigration formalities necessary to live and work legally in the Czech Republic. The publication contains appendices providing examples of tax calculations and a list of doubt taxation treaties and social security agreements concluded by the Czech Republic with other countries.
- Nebojte se vyslání do zahraničí (pdf 144 kB)
This publication, which is in Czech, is intended mainly for Czech employees preparing to go on assignments abroad. We call attention to basic tax implications, especially the creation of tax liability in the country where the work is to be carried out, and provide information on social security and health insurance issues related to working abroad. Readers are also informed about the obligations connected to legalising their stay abroad.