View this page in:
Enhancing your risk and control framework
As a result of Sarbanes-Oxley and further regulations expected from Canadian-based bodies, it is clear that many organizations need help implementing new controls and processes to ensure compliance with public expectations and the law.
A company must assess its current risk and control environment — including financial reporting and disclosure controls — and determine what procedures must be in place to be in a position to certify their financial statements and control environment.
On a short-term basis, we can help:
- Identify disclosure requirements and document current processes for disclosure
- Provide a better understanding of your current financial reporting process and internal accounting controls
- Conduct high-level and detailed risk assessments to identify gaps in operating controls and procedures
- Develop an internal accountability and certification framework
- Implement a field-proven process (SmartClose) that helps reduce the time and resources required to close the books and prepare financial reports
On a long-term basis, we can advise you on:
- Long-term control structures
- Continuous monitoring and compliance programs
- Training required to manage the processes around internal controls and disclosure controls and procedures
Contact a professional in your area to discuss your unique business concerns.