View this page in:
Our experience in working with private companies helps us understand the top issues that are keeping private company owners up at night. We frequently share our perspectives with industry groups, professional organizations and government agencies, as well as with national and regional media.
Our business advisors can provide insight on broad topics, and offer regional and industry perspectives. Below is a list of recent press releases as well of just some of the topics that we can comment on. Please give us a call - we look forward to exploring your story ideas with you.
Topics for commentary:
- Private companies in Canada: Business Insights, our annual survey of Canadian private company leaders, provides an understanding of today's key issues for private companies. Our 2010 edition is now available.
- Thinking in the new business as usual: We can share what successful private companies are doing to position themselves for success as the economy comes out of the downturn.
- GAAP vs. IFRS: Canadian private enterprises must decide between International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Canadian GAAP for Private Enterprises (Private Enterprise Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) for fiscal years beginning January 1, 2011. We can help you understand the differences between the two standards, and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Succession planning: This is an important issue for private companies to understand, and for which to plan. We can explain the options (such as a transfer of business to a family member, or the sale of a business) for private companies, and also talk about the related areas of tax and estate planning.
- Family business dynamics: Understanding what makes family businesses unique.
- Performance management: How private companies are embracing performance management practices in order to become more successful.
- Financing for private companies: Understanding the sources of financing for private companies and the availability of credit in today's market.
- People strategies: Developing strategies to attract, retain and engage your top performers and make sure your people strategy reflects the overall business strategy.
- Tax: Understanding tax, estate planning and tax compliance issues for private companies.
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Overly optimistic? Canadian private companies forecast 7.6% growth rate
With consistent annual sentiments of confidence and optimism, Canadian private companies have forecasted a 7.6% growth rate at a time when national growth is two per cent.
Monday, February 25, 2013
Family businesses continue to thrive, but where’s the talent? - With growth potential on the radar – innovation and succession planning are a must
Sixty per cent of Canadian family businesses reported sales growth in the last year and in the next five years, 87% plan to grow steadily. However, securing talent to drive this growth is a challenge.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
All talk? Canadian companies realize the opportunity with mobile and social media but slow to capitalize on it: PwC
Eighty-one per cent of Canadian private companies say they want to grow and expand, according to PwC’s 2012 Business Insights Survey, released today.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
False bravado? Privately-held companies say business will get better over the next year but haven’t worried about the economy this much since ‘09
More than three-quarters of privately-held companies say that their business is going to get better over the next year, despite economic performance being their chief concern.