Robert Cushing is a Director in the Valuations, Modelling and Disputes group of PwC Canada's Deals practice in Toronto. He has been providing real estate and property tax services, specializing in commercial, investment and industrial valuations, to a wide array of PwC clients for over ten years.
Robert’s area of specialization is real estate appraisal and property tax advice, including the valuation and advocacy of real estate values for property tax. He also specializes in property tax calculations under Ontario’s ‘cap and claw back’ regime. He has been involved in valuation and property tax issues for a wide range of manufacturing, industrial, investment type properties for property tax purposes. He provides litigation support and has been an expert witness in many matters before Boards, Tribunals and Courts on valuation and tax applications.
- Real estate valuation services to a major shopping centre developer in the GTA
- Real estate valuation services to an owner of multiple Class A office buildings in the Burlington Oakville area
- Real Estate valuation services to a publicly owned manufacturer of consumer products in Kitchener, ON
- Real estate and property tax related services to a privately held manufacturer of auto parts in Tillsonburg, ON
- Real estate and property tax related services to numerous auto parts manufacturers in south western Ontario — such as London, Windsor, Tilbury
- Valuator and expert witness on environmentally contaminated chemical properties in Amherestburg, ON and telcom properties in Brockville, ON
- Expert valuator and lead expert witness on property tax litigation on development land in Fort Erie, ON
- Expert witness on Municipal Act applications for property tax calculations for both landlords and tenants throughout Ontario