Paul Darby is a partner in the Deals practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP working in the Calgary office. He specializes in the area of Corporate Advisory and Restructuring.
Paul’s broad range of experience includes:
- assisting on financial restructuring and reorganizations using corporate provisions or the provisions of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act, or informally;
- monitoring assignments and business reviews including providing advice to secured creditors regarding their recovery alternatives and positions;
- advising companies in financial difficulty with regard to business plans and advice with respect to management of secured and unsecured debt;
- carrying out commercial bankruptcies, court and private receiverships, and agency appointments; and
- preparing complex cash flow and financial models.
- Court appointed Receiver and Manager of a large real estate developer
- Court appointed Monitor of an oil and gas Company
- Receiver and Manager of Energy Company that focused on heavy oil
- Financial advisor to secured creditors with underperforming loans in the Energy Sector
Paul has experience in a broad range of industries, including oil and gas, mining, agri-business, manufacturing, and general commercial.
Paul graduated with a BComm from the University of Calgary in 1997. He is a member of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta, both the Canadian and Alberta Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals, and the Turnaround Management Association of Canada. Paul is also a licensed trustee in bankruptcy.