View this page in:
Having the right people is critical to long-term success
Worldwide, organizations are still addressing the impact of the worst economic crisis in 75 years. Many are re-evaluating the way they are structured and the products and services they offer, hoping that changes to these areas will help them to ensure business success.
Leading in talent
IDC has named PwC as the global leader in talent management consulting
IDC MarketScape; Worldwide Talent Related Business Consulting, 2011 Vendor Analysis
However, to be successful going forward, you need to know you have the right people to compete effectively. This may not be as easy as you think; here in Canada, 83% of CEOs expect that the limited supply of candidates with the right skills will be a key challenge over the next three years.1
Talent management encompasses the range of activities you can use to align your workforce and capabilities to deliver on your business plan. Begin by asking yourself:
- What key business and talent challenges do you expect to face in the future?
- Do you know which roles drive most value in your business?
- Do you know how much you are investing in talent development and what value it is delivering?
- How readily are you able to mobilize talent around the world — and across business functions — when you need to?
- How have you tailored your reward solutions to the values and expectations of your pivotal talent?
- How effectively is your HR function delivering what you require?
“The true cost of losing talent is up to two years of salary. This accounts for lost productivity, disruption to workflows, the cost of cover, recruitment costs, training costs, and reduced productivity while a replacement person settles into the role.”
Managing people in a changing world - Key Trends in Human Capital 2010: A global perspective. PwC Saratoga research
How PwC can help
Our People and Change team can work with you to strengthen the impact of your talent, from helping to align talent management strategy to your business strategy to helping you build and foster the leadership approach, culture, and capabilities that you need to succeed. Our team can help you with:
- Aligning and strengthening your workforce – We can help you assess your current workforce and talent management processes, so that you can better align your talent strategy to your business strategy. We can also help you understand and act now to manage the trends that will have the most impact on your future workforce – from demographic shifts to new business models.
- Enhancing capability and training – We’ll work with you to identify development needs, develop and deliver learning and development strategies and assess development effectiveness so that you can foster the skills and capabilities your organization needs to be successful, both now and in the future.
- Fostering leadership and culture – We can assist your organization and leadership with fostering a culture of change within your organization, from supporting leadership development to providing leadership coaching throughout a major initiative.
- Measuring the impact of your talent – We leverage SaratogaTM to help you determine the impact of your talent management efforts so you can focus your efforts on those that will provide the most value.
Contact us today to see how our People and Change team can help.
1 Confidence Rising: Canadian CEOs focus on Talent - Canadian findings from PwC’s 14th Annual Global CEO Survey.