Human Resource Transformation
View this page in:
Moving to the next generation of human resource management
Planning for the future is only getting more challenging. You may already be wondering how your organization will be sustainable in the future - with the retirement of the baby boomers, potential skills shortages, and the unique needs and desires of the millennial generation.
Kennedy Research, a leading analyst in the HR consulting market, has judged PwC to be a Vanguard firm - amongst those with the broadest and deepest capabilities in the market
Kennedy Research, Global Consulting Marketplace 2010-2013; © BNA Subsidiaries, LLC.
HR transformation is the process of evaluating and re-engineering your HR function to improve your business performance through your people – from implementing new service delivery models to implementing human resource information systems. By aligning any HR transformation with both your business strategy and your people strategy, you will be better positioned to be successful both in the short and in the long term.
You can begin by asking yourself some key questions about your organization, including:
- Is our HR function a strategic partner at the leadership table?
- What are we doing to make sure we have the people strategy we need to succeed – now and in the future?
- Are we prepared to deliver the people programs we require?
- How are we going to provide an employment experience that meets the needs of the next generation of employees?
Answering these questions will involve reassessing your HR function from business strategy through to operations, staying abreast of the latest HR trends, and knowing what skills are critical to your future sustainability.
How PwC can help
Our People and Change team can work with you on all aspects of an HR transformation – from developing your HR strategy to designing your operating model to better meet your desired objectives. We’ll also help you measure the impact of your people and HR function before, during, and after the change so that you can measure the effectiveness of your change efforts.
We will also help you assess where you are along the HR evolution continuum — so you can focus your transformation efforts on the areas that create the highest value for your organization.
Our team can assist you with:
- Develop and execute your HR/people strategy – We will help you align this strategy to your business strategy, so you can focus on the highest priority talent needs as defined by your business.
- Design “fit for purpose” HR delivery models – We will help you design HR delivery models that are scalable, cost effective and focus resources on your highest business priorities.
- Build capability in your HR function – We will help you define and develop the capabilities your HR function needs to help the business achieve its objectives (e.g. expansion, new products, sustainability).
- Bring HR service centres to a new level – We will help your functional areas leverage the latest technologies so you can provide an effective and distinctive employee experience that gives you competitive advantage.
- Renew HR processes and technology – We will identify opportunities to take advantage of technological advances and leading practices to streamline your operations and create more value.
- Measure workforce performance – We will use our Saratoga workforce performance measurement tool to benchmark your HR function with your industry peers sand develop HR dashboards, employee surveys and other tools that will provide you with the insights you need to make better HR decisions.
- Manage the people side of deals and transactions – We can help you undertake HR due diligence to factor people issues into your stop/go or pricing decision for a deal. We can also help you throughout a transaction so you can manage the change through your people so you can achieve the value you expect.
Contact us today to see how our People and Change team can help.