1. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest starts February 1, 2013 (the “Contest Start Date”) and ends March 22, 2013 at 11:59 pm (Toronto time) (the “Contest Closing Time”). This Contest is being conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (“PwC”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence and are not employees or partners of PwC (or of any of PwC’s affiliates) or immediate family or household members of such employees or partners of PwC and are an employee of a mining organization that is engaged in exploration, production or development. An entrant must be eligible from the time of submission of his/her entry through to the time he/she is confirmed a winner (if he/she is a selected entrant).
3. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. Purchase entry: Registered attendees of the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (“PDAC”) Conference being held March 3rd, 2013 to March 6th, 2013 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada may enter by visiting www.eventmobi.com/pdac, clicking on attendee profile, completing the attendee profile by entering your name and email address. Limit one entry per person; if an entrant submits more than one entry, he/she may be disqualified. PwC will not verify receipt of entries. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification.
No purchase entry: To enter without purchase, print your full name, complete mailing address and daytime phone number on a plain, 8½” by 11” piece of paper and provide an original, unpublished essay of 100 words or more on the topic “How can mining companies work to improve community relations in the regions in which they operate?" and mail your entry (with sufficient postage) to the Contest Address set out below. No purchase entries must be postmarked by the Contest Closing Time and must be received by PwC no later than March 29, 2013.
4. PRIZE:There is one prize available to be won consisting of business class registration for two (2) individual participants at PwC’s 16th Americas School of Mines Conference being held May 21, 2013 to May 24, 2013 in Los Cabos, Mexico (the “PwC Conference”). The prize consists of payment of the participants’ registration fees only and does not include any other costs of participating in the PwC Conference, including but not limited to accommodation, transportation and meals. Approximate retail value of the prize is US$1394 (US$697 per registration).
5. DRAW: Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The draw will be conducted on March 29, 2013 at 11am (Toronto time). The draw will be held at the head office of PwC: PwC Tower, 18 York Street, Suite 1800, Toronto, Ontario M5J 0B2 (the “Contest Address”). The selected entrant will be contacted by telephone within two (2) business days of the random drawing. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within fifteen (15) days of draw date, his/her entry will be forfeited and an alternate entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. The process described in this rule will be followed until the prize is awarded or there are no remaining eligible entries, whichever comes first.
6.To win, the selected entrant must: (i) be eligible for this Contest; (ii) comply with the Contest rules; (iii) correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question (without the assistance of another person or of a calculator or computer or other similar assistance) to be administered by PwC in a telephone call at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time; and (iv) sign and return to PwC (so that it is received by PwC within seven (7) days of it being delivered to entrant) a Declaration, Release, Indemnity and Publicity Consent in the form required by PwC. If any selected entrant does not satisfy/comply with the foregoing, an alternate entrant will be selected by random draw from the remaining eligible entries. The process described in this rule will be followed until the prize is awarded or there are no remaining eligible entries, whichever comes first.
7. Chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. By entering, entrants agree to be bound and abide by these Contest rules. All decisions respecting the Contest and the awarding of the prize shall be in the sole discretion of PwC, and all such decisions shall be final and binding.
9. PwC will arrange for delivery of the prize to the winner. Prize must be accepted as awarded, is not transferable and not redeemable for cash except at PwC’s sole discretion. PwC reserves the right to make substitutions of equal or greater value (including, without limitation, cash) for all or part of the prize. If the winner cannot use or chooses not to use his/her prize, the prize will be deemed to be forfeited and no substitution or other compensation will be awarded except in PwC’s sole discretion. Any taxes on the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
10. Entries that are incomplete, fraudulent, lost, late, not received, tampered with, destroyed, or which contain inaccurate information are void.
11. The name of the winner will be posted at www.pwc.com/ca/pdac on April 1, 2013 and will be posted for a period of approximately ten (10) days. By accepting the prize, the winner grants permission to PwC to post his/her name (and the fact that he/she is the winner of this Contest) as set out above without compensation, notice or liability.
12. Entrants release: (a) PwC, PricewaterhouseCoopers Associates, and PwC Management Services LP (including their successors and assigns); (b) the respective affiliates of the releasees in (a); and (c) all of the respective partners, employees, directors, officers, agents and representatives of the releasees in (a) and (b) (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims, liability and causes of action (including all costs and expenses related thereto) in any way relating to or arising in connection with this Contest and/or the prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants acknowledge that the Releasees are not responsible for any problem which may arise in connection with the Contest and/or the awarding of the prize, including without limitation (i) any problems that may arise from accessing a website or application in connection with this Contest (ii) errors or difficulties in the administration and conduct of the Contest (including without limitation technical difficulties, technical failure or corruption, computer viruses, tampering, unauthorized intervention, inability to access a website or application, or submit an entry, garbled, delayed or failed transmissions, and fraud), and (iii) entries which are lost, stolen, late, not received, destroyed, tampered with, or illegible. Entrants also agree not to make any claim against any of the Releasees, or any claim against any third party which may result in a claim against any of the Releasees, in respect of any matter in any way relating to or arising in connection with the Contest and/or the prize.
13. PRIVACY: Personal information collected in connection with this Contest and the awarding of the prize is being collected, stored, used and disclosed by PwC (and may be disclosed to third parties, if necessary) solely for purposes of administering this Contest; awarding, arranging and delivering the prize; and announcing the winner (and the fact that he/she is the winner of this Contest) in the manner set out above. Employees of PwC involved in administering the Contest, awarding and delivery of the prize and announcing the winner will have access to the personal information submitted in this Contest. Should you wish to review your personal information collected in connection with this Contest and/or ask that such personal information be corrected or changed, please send a written request to PwC (attention Amy Hogan) at the Contest Address above.
14. Contest subject to all applicable laws. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
15. A copy of these Contest rules is available online at www.pwc.com/ca/pdac.