This Newsletter contains the Special Edition 2010 of the CICA FYI Accounting Standards Report.
The Accounting Standards Board ("AcSB") and staff of the CICA periodically publish a report outlining the status of current projects and related activities.
This 2010 Special Edition includes the following topics:
Message from the Chair
Matters to be Considered — 2010 and 2011 Fiscal Years
- Introductory Material to the Handbook
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Adoption of IFRSs by Investment Companies, Segregated Accounts of Life Insurance Enterprises and Rate-Regulated Entities
- Derecognition — Disclosures
- Not-for-Profit Organizations
- New Financial Reporting Framework
- Private Enterprises and Not-for-Profit Organizations
- First-time Adoption
- Has Accounting for Subsequent Events Changed?
- Top Priorities of the IASB and FASB
- Employee Benefits — Smoothing Abolished
- Financial Instruments — IFRSs
- Financial instruments — Private Enterprises
- The Second Wave for Canada’s IFRS Implementation
Document for Comment Deadlines
Changes to IFRSs
This information may be useful for audit committee reports and discussions with management on proposed accounting standards.